Networker

Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW 7.6.2 server?

2013-06-18 16:21:49
Subject: Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW 7.6.2 server?
From: Tim Mooney <Tim.Mooney AT NDSU DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:14:58 -0500
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Verify: NW 8 storage node *will* work with NW...:

But I need to verify - the storage nodes at NW 8 will work properly
with
my NW 7.6.2 server?

EMC NetWorker 8.0SP1 Installation Guide, chapter 4, page 40:

    * A NetWorker 7.6.x server supports NetWorker 8.0SP1 storage node.

Yes, I remember you said that. I was hoping to hear from someone actually
doing it, tho - to ensure that this statement is actually correct. :-)

:-)  Always a good idea to get confirmation that it *actually* works in
the wild, rather than just that the developers believe it should work,
in theory.

The fact that they explicitly listed it as "supported" is a strong
statement, though.

Tim
edu