Networker

[Networker] Manually restoring lgto_gst.db on Windows 2008 R2 - NW 8.0.1

2013-06-04 01:35:03
Subject: [Networker] Manually restoring lgto_gst.db on Windows 2008 R2 - NW 8.0.1
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 22:30:26 -0700
Hello Mathew,

right now you should not be act too fast and keep cool. Otherwise you migt lose
data.
Here are some fundamental issues:
  - As already mentioned, you need to recover the media db which is part of the
bootstrap save set.
 - You must not necessarily be able to mount the tape to run scanner -
otherweise you never would be able to add/scan a foreign tape (which is the
case if your media index is emtpy).
 - From your bootstrap report you should have the SSID of your last good
bootstrap. This and the volume and the device name is all you need.
 - Insert the tape in the device of your choice, then run "mmrecov" and provide
these values according to the program's workflow. Then follow the other step.

However, my personal guess ts that you already have everything ... NW was
obviously re-installed into the wrong directory. That why he can't find the
databases any longer if they were not installed in the default directory. When
you remove NW (the old version) NW leaves the databases behind. So you should
search through your file systems where you can find a file like ss*.* . I am
pretty sure you will find it in two locations right now. Then
  - Verify the correct path first (with the older timestamp)
  - Uninstall the NW software.
  - Install NW once again, now to the old pathname
  - Verify if everything is back in place. If not run 'mmrecov' as described
before.
  - Finally, delete the false directory tree.

BTW - the NMC database (lgto_gst.db) just keeps a statistical history but it
has no influence on NW's functionality at all.

Good luck.