Networker

[Networker] How to get percentage complete on running a group backup?

2013-02-18 06:55:18
Subject: [Networker] How to get percentage complete on running a group backup?
From: bingo <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 03:51:44 -0800
To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible.

The only way to find out would be to run (internally) "save -n" to get the
estimated amount (reference) which could then be compared with the already
saved amount. But this is not implemented so far.

NW however can 'only' check the number of save sets it needs to create (as a
result of the probe/savefs phase) and the number of save sets already finished.
This is all it can compare so far.