Networker

[Networker] NetApp Snap Device pool

2012-11-27 17:15:28
Subject: [Networker] NetApp Snap Device pool
From: "Werth, Dave" <dave.werth AT GARMIN DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:12:58 +0000
We are setting up the backup for our new NetApp.  The configuration
requirements recommend that we set up a separate Snap Device pool and that it
should be on a file or advanced file type device (another thing that is new to
us).  My question is how big does this the device for the Snap Device pool need
to be?  I realize the size will vary depending on how much I will be backing up
but does the Snap Device pool need to be big enough to backup the full NetApp
(I hope not) or just some small percentage of that?  Any advice will be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Dave Werth
Garmin AT, Inc.
Salem, Oregon

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any
attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact the sender and delete all copies.

Thank you for your cooperation.