Networker

Re: [Networker] Determining when a clone job finishes writing to tape?

2012-11-18 13:16:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] Determining when a clone job finishes writing to tape?
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:10:31 +0200
I would be extremely cautious not to assume that if on November 2012, your clone takes two hours, that will be the case for even January 2013. I have had a similar setup, where I assumed that our ERP backup was done by midnight, just to find out a few years later that the job only finishes at 5AM and I was making useless backups. I really suggest that you will make sure that the job is done before you restart the machine. If you know the pid of the clone process, use similar script to that, to monitor and act for job completion:

#!/bin/sh

SHELL=/bin/sh
export SHELL
batch<<EOB