Networker

[Networker] Purging an old client's CFI

2012-11-07 12:52:19
Subject: [Networker] Purging an old client's CFI
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 12:36:26 -0500
I need to free up some disk space on my backup server. I have a lot of
indexes for old clients that have been deleted. The history is still in
the media database, however, and their indexes till exist in on the backup
server. What I want to do *just* purge the CFI but leave the history, This
way, on the unlikely chance I need a recover, I can scan the tape, or
restore the CFI itself.

But how do you purge the client CFI, and leave the history? All at once, I
mean - I know I can script something to retrieve all the relevant  the
SSIDs and then "nsrmm -d ssid". But what if I wanted to delete all the CFI
of a client at once, but leave the history? How do I do that?

I seem to be drawing a blank on how to do this, at the client level.
Anyone?

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM