Networker

[Networker] NW 8.0

2012-09-10 15:18:28
Subject: [Networker] NW 8.0
From: Matt Powell <mtpowel AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:17:03 -0400
I am setting up a new server and wanted to see how the new version is set up and differences. I have it installed on Solaris AMD/64 server. I have installed the client, man pages, storage node, management server, and main server. It installed without any errors. I was then able to connect to the NMC and got it to let me start configuring the server. I have a licensed copy that I am testing with but when I go to set up an advanced file type device on our storage space I am getting the following error" The Networker server "whatever" is not authorized to start nsrsnmd on this storage node." Anyone on this list seen this error and can point me in the right direction would be a great help. I have been looking through the manuals I downloaded but could have missed it. Thanks for your time.

Matt Powell
mtpowel AT clemson DOT edu
Storage Administrator
Cell: 864-247-2823