Networker

Re: [Networker] RHEL6 mail savegroup notifications

2012-09-09 10:45:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] RHEL6 mail savegroup notifications
From: Yaron Zabary <yaron AT ARISTO.TAU.AC DOT IL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 17:44:41 +0300
I just hit this same problem after migrating from Solaris 10 to CentOS 6.3. The problem in my case is with Hebrew characters in the savegrp notifications. The man page for mailx clearly states that it will send the mail as application octet-stream attachment if it sees any unprintable characters. I switched to mutt ("yum install mutt"). All notifications go to /usr/ucb/Mail (that has never changed since SunOS 4.1.3/Networker 5.5 days, I was copying /nsr/res between servers), so I just "cd /usr/ucb ; ln -s /usr/bin/mutt Mail"). So far it seems to work.