Networker

Re: [Networker] Advice on migrating a large (2TB) AFTD storage node to new h

2011-07-15 14:28:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] Advice on migrating a large (2TB) AFTD storage node to new h
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:28:35 -0400
> Michael, I'd like to recommend something that is more of an
> architecture change than a straight solution to your backup situation.

We  have 3 HP EVAs, utilizing their SVSP distributed SAN architecture,
with over 100TB total space, allocated over a couple dozen servers. These
are all SCSI drives, or - for the NW AFTD devices - FATA drives. Most of
the servers connect with 4G FC cards, some with 8G. All our shared storage
comes from these. But you make excellent points, thanks.