Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP2 restoring while cloning

2011-05-10 14:13:35
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker 7.6 SP2 restoring while cloning
From: "STANLEY R. HORWITZ" <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 14:12:44 -0400
How about by creating multiple Boost devices from within the NetWorker
console manager in order to gain a bit of flexibility?

My DD system is brand new, so the latest firmware and OS are on it. Same
with the 64-bit RH Linux box to which it is connected. The DD system is
connected to the NetWorker server via a dual channel 10GB card with
private Ips. So I am wondering if I can create a second DD Boost device
within NMC the use one device to back up a group of clients who's backups
all need to start at 9:00pm and also back up a second group that needs to
start at a different time. Then both devices can clone to each of the two
LTO-5 tape drives at my disposal without the first clone process delaying
the second one. Does that sound like a reasonable plan?