Networker

[Networker] Remote user to back up MS SQL 2008 R2

2011-04-20 10:14:49
Subject: [Networker] Remote user to back up MS SQL 2008 R2
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:15:00 -0400
I'm having a problem backing up MS SQL 2008 R2. I configure the client,
and specify a domain account (that is a Domain Admin equivalent, and is
assigned "Backup Operator" rights, and which works perfectly fine with all
my SQL 2005 clients) as the remote user to use. And the job fails with

* odcsql1:Probe Could not run savefs: The requested operation requires
elevation.

If I specify the domain admin account (which is also in the SQL 2008 R2
security of that server), it all works. So I added the user I want in as a
SQL user, configured the same as the domain account. And it still isn't
working.

So what am I doing wrong here? I can't use the domain admin account as the
remote user ... but I can't see what I am doing wrong, or forgetting to
do, in order to use the account I need to use ...

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM