Networker

Re: [Networker] Confused about fragflags ...

2010-08-27 09:02:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Confused about fragflags ...
From: Michael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 09:00:05 -0400
> >> Add cloneid to your -r string and which head belongs to which copy
> >> should become immediately apparent.
> >
> > It should, but doesn't. :-)
>
> Yes, it did.  The head on 1127153990 belongs to copy 1243759322 and
> the head on 1127154205
> belongs to a DIFFERENT copy 1243859762.  These two "heads" are the
> first fragment of two
> different copies of the same SSID.

True. But the more important clarity came from seeing that the clone flags
showed that clone ID 1243759322 was an aborted version of the clone. And
therefore I should ignore that copy.

If not, I might have assumed that I happened to have 2 (valid) clone
copies, for whatever reason. And tried to re-scan tape 1127153990, which
would have availed me not. :-)

But yes, once you see the answer, you're always surprised that you didn't
see it before, since it's *now* so clear to you ...