Networker

Re: [Networker] networker server virtualisation

2010-05-20 13:16:37
Subject: Re: [Networker] networker server virtualisation
From: Sean Conway <sean.conway AT SONEPAR-US DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 13:15:01 -0400
first time post so please forgive v744 W2K3SP2, 2 StNodes win2k3sp2. I
would also like to find out if others have put networker server on VM.  I
would like to move my physical NWS to VM and have 2 physical storage nodes
connected to my libraries and D2D SAN devices.  i am thinking to take
advantabe of VM HA for NWS.  I have concerns about backup of the NWS
server itself.  is it better to keep tape drive on NWS server for
bootstrap and NWS backup or can I backup NWS to SAN attached disk on NWS
server?  EMC is not forthcoming on giving setup opinion but otherwise they
have been very good with brake-fix support.   Thanks