Networker

[Networker] 7.5 NMC Gui issue with "Show Details..."

2009-08-10 08:48:27
Subject: [Networker] 7.5 NMC Gui issue with "Show Details..."
From: dreyrugr <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 08:44:55 -0400
Basically we have one master server that can talk to all the other backup
servers, but the backup servers cannot talk to one another (except for the
master) due to client restrictions and multiple networks.  So we use a remote
NMC console on the master server to view all the other servers.  We have been
working with EMC for about 3 months to resolve this issue and they have not
been able to provide us with a patch.

I think it may have to do with different versions running on the servers
(master NMC is 3.5.1.build.269 and the server I am looking at is server is
3.5.build.179), but I just started looking into this.  I have 2 guys here that
have been fighting with it for that long and I am trying to help out while they
are on vacation.  I am determined to fix this problem.

> Do you mean that if you lanuch NMC client on the same host as the NMC
> server, your group details runs ok?

Yes from a remote desktop session into the individual servers it functions
normally, but from a remote NMC session (from NMC installed on our desktop to
connect to the master) we have the issue.

Thanks for the input.