Networker

Re: [Networker] Random NDMP saveset failures

2009-06-30 17:22:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] Random NDMP saveset failures
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 21:18:10 +0000
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 05:02:12PM -0400, Dalla, Joe wrote:
> Thank you for the information! So you think this is an issue with the
> Filer and most likely not a Networker issue? Do you have any idea
> why/what the "out of memory:null" means and where that is coming
> from(netapp or networker server)? I've searches the networker Knowledge
> Base and find nothing that matches this exact error. Is there any other
> documentation out there that explains in detail what is going on when
> Networker 7.4.4 runs an NDMP backup on a Netapp Filer? I've read most of
> the NDMP section in the 7.4.x Admin Guide.

I don't recognize it, but if I had to guess, I'd assume that all the
42617 messages are from the filer.  If you looked at the backup logs on
the filer, you should be able to confirm this.
(/vol/vol0/etc/log/backup)

Certainly the other message comes first, so it must be fixed.  No
snapshot, no backup.

--
Darren