Networker

[Networker] Monitoring backups via snmp or syslog

2009-06-05 02:35:42
Subject: [Networker] Monitoring backups via snmp or syslog
From: kit <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 02:29:56 -0400
You could use nsrtrap in a group failure notification.
Its probably going to need a filter script around it to grab useful information.

Too use it in the client notification your going to have to filter for failures
and client notifications dont get sent when a group is aborted.

To get running groups is harder. I do it by reporting running groups at 8am
using a utility we have written.
You would add srtrap funtionality to something like that.

Regards

Kit