Networker

[Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??

2009-03-03 16:20:20
Subject: [Networker] Migrate clients to new Networker Server??
From: SMarie <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 16:14:22 -0500
We are currently running Networker v7.4.1 on Windows 2003 Server.  And I'm
looking to migrate to new server hardware.  I will install a clean OS and
Networker Mangement software on the server and I had a couple of questions on
how to migrate clients over and still retain the index and media info to be
able to restore data.

1)  Do I need to install the same version on the new server?  v7.4.1? or should
I installed v7.4.4?  Or do I need to upgrade the current server before
migrating clients?

2)  What is the best way to migrate over client info?  Copy indexes and migrate
client by client?  What media info needs to be moved over so I can still
restore?
*I would like to start with dev server and move them over and make sure backups
run ok before migrating over critical systems.

Any helpful hints/tips are GREATLY appreciated.