Networker

Re: [Networker] changing msglog file name using legato

2009-01-05 11:35:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] changing msglog file name using legato
From: Will Parsons <w.parsons AT LEEDS.AC DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 16:30:03 +0000
Assuming you're on a UNIX system as the NMO client (Oracle server), you should be able to make use of these modifications to the /usr/sbin/nsrnmo script.

This sets up the variable $LOG, and cat's the log file to standard out (so you'll see it in the notification e-mail) if there's a problem. If there are no problems, then the log file just gets compressed on disk (don't forget to clean them up once in a while!).

HTH
From
Will

# Somewhere near the top....
LOG=/var/tmp/`basename $0`_`date +%d%m%Y_%H%M%S`_$$.log
NSR_RMAN_OUTPUT="${LOG}"

#Other script contents here...
# Last part of the script as below:

#
# Call nsrnmostart to do the backups.
#

# "print" doesn't exist..
# print $BACKUP_COMMAND_LINE
eval ${BACKUP_COMMAND_LINE} &
Pid=$!
wait $Pid

nsrnmostart_status=$?
if [ $nsrnmostart_status != 0 ] ; then
echo "nsrnmostart returned status of "$nsrnmostart_status
echo $0 "exiting."
cat "${LOG}"
# rm "${LOG}"
exit 1
fi

# cat "${LOG}"
# rm "${LOG}"
compress "${LOG}"

exit 0
# End of the script..

miraijaz wrote:
Hi all,
How can i change the default file name nsrnmo.log to nsrnmo<date>.log whenever
RMAN backup is run using legato.

I want to append the date with the file name..

regards
Aijaz

|This was sent by aamir AT rasgas.com DOT qa via Backup Central.

w.parsons AT leeds.ac DOT uk
UNIX Support
Information Systems Services
The University of Leeds
+44 113 343 5670

“I’m not against progress, it’s the change I do not like” – Mark Twain