Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.3 on Solaris 10 using ADIC i500

2008-10-30 05:59:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker 7.4.3 on Solaris 10 using ADIC i500
From: Mesut Mert <mesut.mert AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:55:04 +0400
It needs some investigation;
Is is connected through SAN switch?
Have you ever tried to reboot i500 and connected hosts (i500 first) For
solaris platform, no need to reboot, simply you can reinitialize the device
link using luxadm.
How many hosts are showing reserved or protected status on devices? Are them
sharing same device? Is it solid failure or random host failure on random
devices?
If it is solid failure, it is better to check the SAN items such as fiber
cables, tape drives..etc.

Sometimes this error come up if the fc-port is not configured properly as
the reflection of protocol errors. Please check the host site fc-port
setting. It could be "point to point", "loop" or "auto negotiate". Set the
correct one according to the connectivity what you have.

Mesut