Networker

[Networker] background communication between networker and clients

2008-10-11 14:37:12
Subject: [Networker] background communication between networker and clients
From: Shannon Beltz <sbeltzwalter AT MFXROANOKE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 14:19:07 -0400
Recently, I was informed of some TCP host sweeps and ICMP Ping Networker
sweets,  made from our networker server's IP address to a client we host
that is outside our firewall.  We back up this client.  The TCP host
sweeps ran prior to our backup window.

Does networker perform any kind of broadcast or client sweep of any kind
outside of a clients scheduled backup window?  Or random communication to
the client(s) via nsrexecd processes running on the windows client through
firewall ports 7937-9936?

Thank you Kindly,

Shannon Beltz
Backup Administration & Client/Server Support
MFX Roanoke
Office: 540-769-4821
sbeltzwalter AT mfxroanoke DOT com