Networker

[Networker] VSS causing Exchagne IS to crash

2008-09-18 08:31:04
Subject: [Networker] VSS causing Exchagne IS to crash
From: mark wragge <mark_t_wragge AT YAHOO DOT IE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:27:18 +0000
When I run a FileSystem backup of an exchange client the exchange IS crashes
almost immediately with a VSS error in the windows event log. The strange thing
about this is that i am not going anywhere near the drive (K:) that has the
exchange database or logs.

I am backing up C: D: and E: all containing OS and files. And i have specified
VSS savesets for system state etc. Althought the IS fails the backups continues
successfully. If I run an exchange backup using the database agent the backup
is successful.

How could VSS writers be calle dupon when i run a standard client backup and I
am not going anywhere near the exchagne database? Is this a known issue? I am
using Networker 7.4.2

Time:                21:01:42
Exchange VSS Writer (instance 9750319d-3656-4adc-9ce7-e005492284a3) has
prepared for backup successfully.
Information Store (3572) Shadow copy instance 1 starting. This will be a Copy
shadow copy.

Thanks for any help, Mark