Networker

Re: [Networker] Cloning - what am I missing here?

2008-09-04 13:28:10
Subject: Re: [Networker] Cloning - what am I missing here?
From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks AT VT DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 13:25:13 -0400
On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:33:52 BST, Davina Treiber said:
> Valdis Kletnieks wrote:
> > #  /usr/sbin/nsr/nsrclone -v -b 'VT clone lto3' -S 4168983770
> > nsrclone: no complete save sets to clone
> >
> > What is it trying to tell me here?
>
> It is probably telling you that NDMP save sets need to be cloned by an
> NDMP host. Take a look at the man page for nsrndmp_clone.

Ahh.. ndmp and ndmp-via-nsrdsa_save are two entirely different beasts, as
I was afraid.  'no complete save sets of an acceptable flavor' is what it's
saying...

Guess I'm stuck with either finding a way to get a fiber-channel
LTO3 in our 8500 connected to something that speaks NDMP, or cloning all
the tapes on the LTO-1 drives on the NetApp.  And the latter choice leaves
me stuck with LTO1 tape copies...

And my reading of the nsrndmp_clone manpage seems to indicate that there's
no way to read ndmp on the one side, and end up with nsrdsa_save on the other
(which is what I'm basically trying to do...)

"Oh, bother.." -- Winnie the Pooh...