Networker

[Networker] Bootstrap and Index Question

2008-07-15 10:49:45
Subject: [Networker] Bootstrap and Index Question
From: allanswanepoel <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:43:51 -0400
This is brilliant info from you guys and thanks a mil for that. I am by no
means a power user of Networker but I do have a challenge and I was wondering
if could assist me. It's closely related to this topic.

I want to restrict my bootstrap & index backups to a specific pool - how do I
do this?

The problem I have is that I have 2 sites SiteA and SiteB, and my Networker
server is in a active / standby config.

When I run a backup job of ClientA in SiteA, it uses StorageNodeA for the
backup. No problemo.

But then the Networker server which happens to be active in SiteB tries to save
the index / bootstrap info to the same media pool but it doesn't have access to
this media pool.

The media pools are specifically split between the sites, which are later
cloned to opposite sites.