Networker

Re: [Networker] Fw: Recover can't find volume after "scanner -m"?

2008-05-01 09:48:31
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fw: Recover can't find volume after "scanner -m"?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 09:45:14 -0400
EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
05/01/2008 03:13:48 AM:

>  I think the problem here is that it's not got into the library's
> inventory, depends on how you got that tape into the drive in the first
> place... Perhaps the device you are using for scanner is owned by pools
> other than the one the tape should be in...

No, the pool that the tape is in, is assigned to the tape drive where I
did the "scanner -m". I see the tape in the media db, in the Management
Console.

> After the scanner command try one of these two things:
>
> 1.  mount the tape manually...      nsrmm -m -f <device>
>
> 2.  inventory the slot the volume was loaded from....      Nsrjb -I -S
> <slotnum>

Uhhmm what? If I mount the tape, it won't be in the slot to be
inventoried. I'm confused. I can mount the tape normally, using the
Management Console.