Networker

Re: [Networker] Switching from Netbackup to Networker

2008-02-29 19:53:14
Subject: Re: [Networker] Switching from Netbackup to Networker
From: Vernon Harris <harriv00 AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:46:46 -0800
If you think that netbackup support is bad, emc is
worse.  With veritas/symantec, i can normally get a
call back within a couple hrs, with EMC, maybe a
couple of days.

We have two environments, one is netbackup, one legato
and we are looking to go the other way, decomming
networker and going strictly with netbackup.

--- cooke <networker-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM> wrote:

> My company is currently using Netbackup (6.0 MP5)
> and a STK L180 to backup the Solaris environment,
> and BackupExec (11) and a spectralogix T120 to back
> up the windows environment.  We are evaluating
> switching to an EMC DL210 (fully populated) with
> Networker for both Solaris and Windows and
> partitioning the spectralogix T120.
>
> I would be interested in input on Networker,
> especially if you have used Netbackup / Backup exec
> in the past.  How does it compare?  What is the
> quality of support?  When major releases go out how
> buggy are they (not at all happy with Symantec's
> support of Netbackup/BackupExec, but not sure if
> Networker is experiencing similar pain after EMC
> acquisition).   Any comments appreciated - either
> hardware or on the DL210 if you have experience with
> the hardware.   Thanks.

> |This was sent by jeanine.cooke AT evenflo DOT com via
> Backup Central.

> To sign off this list, send email to
> listserv AT listserv.temple DOT edu and type "signoff
> networker" in the body of the email. Please write to
> networker-request AT listserv.temple DOT edu if you have
> any problems with this list. You can access the
> archives at
> http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/networker.html
> or
> via RSS at