Networker

[Networker] Can I make a remote networker server use my local tape drive?

2008-01-31 10:22:00
Subject: [Networker] Can I make a remote networker server use my local tape drive?
From: Peter Grace <pgrace AT TPFX DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:12:57 -0500
Hello list,

This might be a weird request, but I'm wondering if there's any way that I can make a remote legato server talk to my local tape unit. Here's my predicament.. I have a tape changer where I don't have direct access to, where the "remote" legato server is. We bring the tapes back from this area and, when we need something restored, restore them locally. Usually this involves me using scanner -i -S <ssid> <tape drive> to import the tape's contents into my local drive, but this is time consuming. I'm wondering if there's a better way.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Pete