Networker

Re: [Networker] Migration

2008-01-28 11:47:05
Subject: Re: [Networker] Migration
From: "Skinner, Alan C Mr CTR USA IMCOM" <alan.skinner AT US.ARMY DOT MIL>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 11:34:48 -0500
 Here's what I am going to do. I have a license for 128 slots, I am in
the process of buying the upgrade to 256. I am planning to keep both
libraries on line and connected to the one server. Oupps I am going to
need a second FC card. Can I have the two licenses installed at the same
time. If I remember when I upgraded from 64 to 128 the 64 went away. I
just need to keep the old library online for 60 days. That all we keep.

No the tape drives are not compatible. I am going from sdlt320 to LTO3.
As soon as the retention policy has expired on the data I can just
disconnect the old library.

Alan Skinner
VTC Administrator
Systems Administrator