Networker

[Networker] Missing data from nsradmin??

2007-10-31 14:35:42
Subject: [Networker] Missing data from nsradmin??
From: Andrew Dietz <andrew.dietz AT OIT.GATECH DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 14:23:49 -0400
Folks-- I am fresh out of ideas on this weird problem I just came across.
I have a number of perl scripts that deal with formatting data that I extract
with the following snippet of perl code (simplified for this thread):

<code>
#!/bin/perl

my $nsrgroup;
my $command = "/usr/sbin/nsr/nsradmin -s scotch.tape.gatech.edu << 'EOF' \
        show name; work list; last start; last end; status; completion \
        print type: NSR group; autostart: Enabled\nEOF";

open(CMD, "$command|");
while (<CMD>) {
        $nsrgroup .= $_;
}
close(CMD);

open(FILE, ">/tmp/nsrgroup.temp.out");
print FILE "$nsrgroup";
close(FILE);
</code>

The problem is that when I run this code on the NSR server itself
(scotch.tape.gatech.edu) or its storage node, I am missing certain fields from
certain save groups in the output. If I run the same code on a client host, the
output is complete. I'm not yet sure of the consistency of the missing
information, but so far it appears to consistently skip the "completion:" field
for a couple of important groups.

For example, the output of the code above run on a NSR client host lists the
following structure for each save group in nsradmin:

                        name: 0300 OPS;
                  last start: "Wed Oct 31 03:00:00 2007";
                    last end: "Wed Oct 31 03:32:21 2007";
                   work list: ;
                  completion: <lots of data in multiple lines>
                              <I intentionally removed this data>
                      status: idle;
                              <... other groups ...>

When run on the NSR server, the output shows:

                        name: 0300 OPS;
                  last start: "Wed Oct 31 03:00:00 2007";
                    last end: "Wed Oct 31 03:32:21 2007";
                   work list: ;