Networker

[Networker] Querying tapes in the library

2007-10-23 15:53:53
Subject: [Networker] Querying tapes in the library
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:49:31 -0400
I'd like to run a report that shows me all the tapes currently in the
library slots that have a used percentage > 0, and I'd like to see the
volume ID, pool, last access date and time. But it seems like mminfo won't
allow me to specify the report criteria to print (unless I'm totally
missing something, which is entirely likely), when I'm querying media in
the library, as opposed to media in the media database.

C:\PHA Scripts>mminfo -q "near,%used>0" -m
 state volume                  written  (%)  expires     read mounts
capacity
       915613                    14 GB   9% 12/23/2007   0 KB    23    160
GB

I can't add any "-r" specs to the mminfo command. Can anybody re-point me
in the right direction to get what I want?

(eventually, I want this script to run every morning, and email me what
volumes were used, showing what pools. We'd then use this to generate a
report for our offsite tape storage vendor every day)

--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM