Networker

Re: [Networker] Problem with NDMP devices

2007-10-22 09:27:41
Subject: Re: [Networker] Problem with NDMP devices
From: David Dulek <ddulek AT FASTENAL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:22:22 -0500
It appeared, in my environment, that the index data going to the backup server
and the backup data to the storage node "caused" a lot of network traffic to
be created.  It works fine as long as I send the backups to the backup
server.

I didn't look into it too much since changing the backups and indexes to go to
the backup server "fixed" the issues.

At the time,
7.1.2 Solaris 9 for the backup server.
7.1.2 Solaris 10 for the storage node.

Two interfaces on each, one to a dedicated backup network.