Networker

Re: [Networker] When is an update enabler required ?

2007-10-11 11:57:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] When is an update enabler required ?
From: MIchael Leone <Michael.Leone AT PHA.PHILA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:55:04 -0400
--
Michael Leone
Network Administrator, ISM
Philadelphia Housing Authority
2500 Jackson St
Philadelphia, PA 19145
Tel: 215-684-4180
<mailto:michael.leone AT pha.phila DOT gov>

EMC NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU> wrote on
10/11/2007 10:03:08 AM:

> On Oct 11, 2007, at 9:50 AM, Goslin, Paul wrote:
>
> >  Thanks Michael,
> > That's re-assuring to hear you're not having any major issues &
> > that the
> > newer GUI is an improvement over the current one. I currently use both
> > windows-Networker Administrator & the Java GUI as each does some
> > things
> > better than the other..... We'll probably leave most clients @ 7.2
> > initially and gradually update them as needed & we get time...
> >
> > Do you know if there's a patch available for the email issue ?
>
> A patch is available. Just go to http://powerlink.emc.com and log in
> then search for "NetWorker 7.4" and there's a reference article on
> how to download the patch. You can also search for LGTsc07669 to find
> the info because that's the code EMC assigned to this patch.

You end up at

<ftp://ftp.legato.com/pub/NetWorker/Updates/LGTsc07669>

However, for Windows, there are directories for x86 and x64 ... but there
are later binaries in the root of that directory, but no indication of
what they are (x86/x64). They are dated approx 6 weeks later than the x86
binaries .. and there don't seem to be any binaries in the x64 group, so I
guess those binaries are the ones in the root of that directory.