Networker

[Networker] Networker complains after os re-install on client

2007-09-12 22:28:51
Subject: [Networker] Networker complains after os re-install on client
From: Paul Robertson <probertson AT UNIXWAY DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:24:20 -0400
We're running nw_7_3_2_jumbo.Build.11 on Solaris 10.

After I re-installed the Solaris operating system (and did a pkgadd of LGTOclnt) on a networker client machine (ilanyc03), subsequent backups result in the following warnings on the networker server bkpnyc02:

09/12/07 18:10:09 nsrexecd: SYSTEM error: There is already a machine
                  using the name: "ilanyc03". Either choose a
                  different name for your machine, or delete the "NSR
                  peer information" entry for "ilanyc03" on host:
                  "bkpnyc02"

It makes sense that the hostname is the same, and that the client certificate has changed. Hrmph! Also, I can see that the "client id" for ilanyc03 no longer matches that of the client itself. I dunno how to synch that up.

What steps should one take before and/or after reinstalling a client in order to avoid these errors? I'd rather not to disable nsrauth, and I also want to be able to restore from savesets created on the client prior to the reinstallation of the os on ilanyc03. How can I cleanup after the fact?

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Robertson