Networker

[Networker] User groups?

2006-11-29 17:56:52
Subject: [Networker] User groups?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:49:25 -0500
Is there a way under 7.2.2 to allow a specific user to run a specific group on the backup server?

I have a group that runs an Oracle RMAN backup using the NMO. I've been manually running the
group from the server when we need to test, but it would be nice if the
DBA could run this group to test as needed. Looks like NetWorker allows users by default to run recovers and monitor, but running backups from the server side is not enabled by default. I see the "Users" group under the "User Groups" feature, but it looks like I would have to enable "Operate NetWorker" to be able to do this? What would that allow the user to do? How could you grant a user the ability to run a specific group? If not, how can you allow them to run the group
but minimise what evlse they can do?

George

--

George Sinclair - NOAA/NESDIS/National Oceanographic Data Center
SSMC3 4th Floor Rm 4145       | Voice: (301) 713-3284 x210