Networker

[Networker] Reporting software - Bocada

2006-06-20 11:14:26
Subject: [Networker] Reporting software - Bocada
From: Eric Haupt <eric.haupt AT FTICONSULTING DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:11:52 -0400
Good morning, I am looking for feedback please on Bocada's reporting
software for use with NetWorker. For those who are using Bocada or have in
the past what is your opinion on it's integration and accuracy with
NetWorker. Also, what has been your experience with Bocada support, product
deployment and maintenance.
  I had looked into Bocada last summer, but we deceided that it was too
expensive at that time. Bocada has recently changed it's pricing strategy
and gone to a software subscribtion model that makes it a much more
affordable option for us.
  I have seen the nice list at
http://www.openbackup.org/backup-reporting/tools/ and have looked at some of
these solutions. NetWorker 7.3.x has some improved reporting, but is still
lacking imho.
  Thanks.

Eric Haupt

Senior Systems Engineer