Networker

Re: [Networker] EMC Backup Advisor???

2006-04-27 04:59:55
Subject: Re: [Networker] EMC Backup Advisor???
From: Kobus Bensch <kbensch AT FULLNET.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:58:24 +0100
HI

EBA is actually a rebadged version of Backup Report from WysDM software.

Kobus

Dag Nygren wrote:

EBA is reporting that some servers did not run at all, but when I check this against the server the job did run. In fact it was 100% successful. This is happening across 5 networker servers with a total of 900 clients.

I have also seen where aq job was not successful, but EBA reports it as run and done.

We have a call open with EMC. So far the only real thing that I have already fixed is the time issue. The guys looking ionto this said that becauser the time between the BS and the SN is mopre than 5 minutes out, it would produce some of these errors. So to fix this I have set the EBA server to time sync to one of our NTP servers. I then set all the BS to time sync to the EBA server and all the SN's to time sync to their induvidual BS's.

AFAIK the EBA is the old BOM baought up by Legato some years ago.
As I saw nothing but problems with that piece of software I am somehow
not surprised it doesn't work yet ;-)

BRGDS
Dag

"signoff networker" in the