Networker

Re: [Networker] Using mmrecov with storage node?

2006-03-20 10:41:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Using mmrecov with storage node?
From: Stuart Whitby <swhitby AT DATAPROTECTORS.CO DOT UK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:37:31 -0000
If this is a simple case of wanting to recreate your server on another system,
you can simply create a file device for this, run a bootstrap backup to the
file device, copy over the entire directory, then run the mmrecov on the other
server.

I've done this in the past.  I think there's one gotcha in there, but can't
remember what offhand.

Cheers,

Stuart.