Networker

Re: [Networker] scheduling full backups for a set of machines.

2006-03-13 10:14:22
Subject: Re: [Networker] scheduling full backups for a set of machines.
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 16:10:45 +0100
Hi Bill,

In my case I solved it by creating 28 schedules FULL_01 till FULL28 with a
full backup on that day of the month and level 5 once a week and incremental
on any other day.

I then assigning a whole server  to a particular day, if they are not to big.
If they are to big I assign individual savesets of the server to a particular
day.

e.g server1 is a small one so is server2 but server3 is big.

FULL_01: server1: All
FULL_02: server2: All
FULL_03: server3: C:\
FULL_04: server3: D:\
FULL_05: server3: E:\

in this way each server has a full backup once a month (a requirement here)

I can do this as I plan beforehand that volumes do not become to big for the
backup window between 21:00 and 07:00.

I also created a small script that suggests which schedule has the least
amount of clients. This helps me balancing the load a bit between days.

Maarten

--
Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.