Networker

Re: [Networker] ANALYSIS: Networker server price/performance

2006-02-08 08:24:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] ANALYSIS: Networker server price/performance
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 11:52:14 +0100
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, Tim Mooney wrote:

TM> In regard to: Re: [Networker] ANALYSIS: Networker server
TM> price/performance,...:
TM>
TM> > 1. When using CDI, the qlogic qla2000 HBA driver oopses, rendering the
TM> > SCSI tape functionality in the library useless until the server is
TM> > rebooted.
TM>
TM> What distribution (SuSe, right?), kernel, and version of the qlogic drivers
TM> are you using?  We're using 2.4.31 on Red Hat AS 2.1 with the 6.06.10
TM> qlogic 2300 drivers, and we're not seeing this issue.
TM>
TM> $ head -n 4 /proc/scsi/qla2300/0
TM> QLogic PCI to Fibre Channel Host Adapter for QLA2342         :
TM>         Firmware version:  3.02.16, Driver version 6.06.10
TM> Entry address = f882b060
TM> HBA: QLA2312 , Serial# L82447

We use the ones which ship with SuSE. The one used was automatically
selected by the SuSE installer:

sdx@sn01:~> head /proc/scsi/qla2xxx/0
QLogic PCI to Fibre Channel Host Adapter for QLA2340:
        Firmware version 3.03.18 IPX, Driver version 8.01.02-sles
ISP: ISP2312, Serial# C25282
Request Queue = 0xbf100000, Response Queue = 0xf4e40000
Request Queue count = 2048, Response Queue count = 512

Do you think we should use another driver?

//Oscar