Networker

[Networker] SUMMARY: iptables firewall blocking access to nsrexecd on client?

2005-10-04 08:52:10
Subject: [Networker] SUMMARY: iptables firewall blocking access to nsrexecd on client?
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT CHANNELDATA.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:23:25 +0200
Hi,

I believe that there will be no licensing issues - only related to
server versions and client types (cluster / client packs, etc)

If I remember correctly (this might have been fixed since then) - but
there was an issue with running a version 6 server with version 7
clients. It had to do with successful backup reporting (i.e. Job failed
but was reported as successful) - there was a server side patch for it,
but I cannot recall the patch no.

Regards,
Riaan

--- SNIP ---
Can anyone conjecture whether I will have any licensing issues or
operational
issues if I continue to use the 7.21 linux client with my 6.x Windows
server?