Networker

[Networker] Regarding Backup and File Permissions....

2005-08-26 06:13:35
Subject: [Networker] Regarding Backup and File Permissions....
From: Srinivas Rao <rsrini AT BLR.PIN.PHILIPS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 15:36:58 +0530
Dear Networkers,
I have an NFS mount by name /pstv with 320GB data in one of my Networker
client running HpOS. File permissions of /pstv have modified yesterday.
Although the content has not changed, Networker backed up the entire 320GB
data with incremental backup. Does Networker back up files(with INCR backup)
if there is any change in file permissions? How to make it backup only file
permissions if there is no change in the content of a file?

I have been facing the above problem very often as there are frequent
changes in file permissions. Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Srinivas Rao.
Technical Support Engineer - Legato,