Networker

Re: [Networker] Netapp, ndmp, and incremental backups.

2005-06-17 13:33:07
Subject: Re: [Networker] Netapp, ndmp, and incremental backups.
From: Ernst Bokkelkamp <ernst AT BOKKELKAMP DOT DE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 19:30:13 +0200
Very strange, can you explain the following lines:

* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of this level
1 dump: Mon Jun 13 17:30:12 2005.
* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of last level
0 dump: Sun Jun 12 17:30:10 2005.

* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of this level
2 dump: Tue Jun 14 17:30:09 2005.
* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of last level
1 dump: Mon Jun 13 17:30:12 2005.

* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of this level
3 dump: Wed Jun 15 17:30:10 2005.
* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of last level
2 dump: Tue Jun 14 17:30:09 2005.

* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of this level
4 dump: Thu Jun 16 17:30:09 2005.
* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of last level
3 dump: Wed Jun 15 17:30:10 2005.

* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of this level
5 dump: Fri Jun 17 17:30:21 2005.
* fth02n:/vol/vol0 nsrndmp_save: NDMP Service Log: DUMP: Date of last level
4 dump: Thu Jun 16 17:30:09 2005.

And the following from the NetApp documentation:

LEVEL 0-9 Default 0
Specifies the backup level. Level 0 copies the
entire dataset. Incremental backup levels,
specified by values above 0, copy all files new or
modified since the last incremental backup. For
example, a level 1 backs up new or modified files
since the level 0 backup, a level 2 backs up new or
modified files since the level 1 backup, and so on.

Tape Backup and Recovery Guide Data ONTAP 7.0 pg.162

Bye
Ernie