Networker

Re: [Networker] NSRADMIN Output

2005-04-06 12:23:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] NSRADMIN Output
From: Darren Dunham <ddunham AT TAOS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 09:17:59 -0700
> How do I take the output of nsradmin whether it be Client OS, Networker
> version, etc and put into a Excel spreadsheet into columns.

Parse it.  I've used perl in the past to read the output, then rearrange
it for a CSV file which Excel could easily use.

I don't know of any module that does this out of the box....

A post of mine on 2005 May 7 has some perl code that can be used for
parsing.  I'll try to post a URL to it, but I'm always afraid of these.
See if this works...

https://listserv.temple.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0405&L=NETWORKER&P=R8281&I=-3&X=080011559DF314C5AE

Even with that, you'll have some work to do.  For instance, a pool or a
group can be uniquely identified by name.  A client cannot (multiple
instances might exist).  Because of that, formatting is much harder.  I
have to store it as an array which might be multivalued rather than a
single element in a hash.