Networker

[Networker] NetWorker configuration on a secondary network

2005-03-14 09:08:32
Subject: [Networker] NetWorker configuration on a secondary network
From: Pierpa <pierpaolo.frassino AT SOLVEIT DOT IT>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 09:01:02 -0500
Iâ??ve built a simple networker environment, based on Sun Solaris and W2K
systems ( no cluster, thanks â?¦ ), using server, clients and storage nodes
definitions. The main customer requirement was to use only ( or mainly, at
its best ) a management network, instead of the production one.

Let me indicate the terminology, concerning production and management
network names:

Srv:                  server on the production network, and hostname
Srv_adm:              server on the management network

Stn:                  storage node on the production network
Stn_adm:              storage node on the management network

Cln_adm:              client on the management network

Iâ??ve installed NetWorker v7.2 server on a Solaris box, and the srv client
was installed automatically.

Iâ??ve defined the Jukebox, with the server srv  and the storage node  stn
as storage nodes.

I had to configure stn ( also as client ) on the production network
because Iâ??ve seen that, even if I tried to configure stn_adm, on the
storage node the nsrmmd daemons are always started with the â??-s srvâ??
option and never with â??-s srv_admâ?? option.

So I think that in this case mount/umount commands run on the production
network. What about media database informations??

Any client is always defined as cln_adm ( and cln is defined as its
alias ) ;I defined its â??server network interfaceâ??  as srv_adm and â??storage
nodesâ?? as stn_adm  ( or srv_adm instead of nsrserverhost if the client has
to use the networker server as its storage node ).

Iâ??ve added srv_adm  as an alias of srv, and stn_adm as an alias of stn.

I only doubt about storage node configuration in the Jukebox and the fact
that the nsrmmd daemons seem to contact the server hostname and, for what
I know, there is no way to let them speak with srv_adm.

>From your experience, is this a correct configuration and is possible to
customize the nsrmmd processes in order to let them speak with srv_adm ( I
think the only way is to change server hostname from srv  to srv_adm â?¦ )??

Thanks a lot for your suggestions !!!!