Networker

Re: [Networker] More confusion over cleaning

2004-07-30 10:21:30
Subject: Re: [Networker] More confusion over cleaning
From: "Paul L." <plangfor AT AB.BLUECROSS DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:20:59 -0600
We have auto clean set on the juke box only.  The jukebox will load the
cleaning tape when the drive indicates it needs cleaning. We have used this
for 95% of our drives and it works great. I have used this setup since
Networker 6.1.2, we are now on 7.1.

I have also set the frequency for one set of drives we had, as they would
act dirty (bad read/writes, etc) before they indicated they were dirty.

If the cleaning interval is set (eg 3 days), then Legato will clean the
drives as least once every 3 days - whether the drives need to be cleaned or
not.  If the cleaning interval is blank, and autoclean is yes, then the
drives will be cleaned when they ask for a cleaning tape.  You would set
Cleaning Required to yes if you wanted Networker to load a cleaning tape
prior to the next tape load.

Paul L.