Networker

[Networker] NW 7.0 will not stage to tape.

2003-11-10 15:38:00
Subject: [Networker] NW 7.0 will not stage to tape.
From: Lancy Quadros <Quadrosl AT ROTARYINTL DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:37:31 -0600
Hello everybody:

Our environment is as follows:

- NW Server Version : 7.0 build 322
- Server : SUN E280R
- OS : Solaris 9

Our networker server has been refusing to stage savesets from an AFD device to
tape even though there are enough tapes both labelled and blank. It  is doing
it to only one pool, the other pools are fine. It recommends that I manually
label a volume and I did that, but still it would ask for a tape in that
particular pool.

Another weird thing that I noticed is - on Saturday, it picked up all the
available tapes, tried to write to them, was successful staging some savesets
and after a while, it just couldnt write to any tapes. The last four tapes that
it used before it ran out of tapes has one aborted saveset each.

Thanks,

Lance