Networker

[Networker] Aborted savesets?

2003-05-28 19:34:15
Subject: [Networker] Aborted savesets?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 19:34:13 -0400
Hi,

I have some savesets that show up in the volumes window (GUI) on a
particular volume (volume_name) with a status of "aborted". No problem
there, but the man pages for mminfo only discusses the term "aborted" in
two places. The first is in regards to one of the possible values for
the second of the two flags that show up when using the '-v' option --
namely an 'a' for "aborted" -- and the second place is in reference to
the clflags. The savesets in question do not have clones and are not
clones themselves so the clflags does not apply to this discussion. When
I run the following command:

mminfo -s server -a -S volume_name

and I scroll through the output, I see the ssflags value of: "vrEiF" for
those same savesets as opposed to say "vrF". The 'E' and the 'i' make
some sense, but I don't see any mention or flag specifically for the
term "aborted". I don't see any 'a'.

Next, if I run something like:

mminfo -s server -v -q 'volume=volume_name'

and I scroll through the output, I see the two flags 'cE' on these.
Again, this makes some sense, but no mention or flag for 'a' or
"aborted".

the man pages does mention that aborted savesets are removed by nsrck.
If this is true, then why does the volumes listing use the status value
of "aborted", and yet none of my commands ever uses this term? Why
doesn't the volumes listing use a term that's more in line with the flag
values I'm seeing?

George