Networker

Re: [Networker] Archive vs Backup

2003-05-27 17:16:23
Subject: Re: [Networker] Archive vs Backup
From: Terry Lemons <lemons_terry AT EMC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:08:57 -0400
Hi Yuri

I _think_ that the purpose of the archive function is to allow you to bring
together all of the separate pieces of a body of knowledge (for instance,
all of the directories on multiple disks on multiple systems that, together,
hold a particular semiconductor chip design), along with providing some
documentation that is recorded in the archive.  Further, if memory serves,
the archive function can, optionally, delete the space on disk when the
archive completes.

All, please correct me if my memory is wrong.

Thanks
tl

Terry Lemons
CLARiiON Applications Integration Engineering
        EMC²
where information lives

4400 Computer Drive, MS D239
Westboro MA 01580