Networker

[Networker] Scanned Index - Unable to find alias root in index

2003-03-10 04:03:41
Subject: [Networker] Scanned Index - Unable to find alias root in index
From: Simon Draper <Simon.Draper AT ALPHAWEST.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 12:25:59 +0800
Hi

we have a Networker 5.5 server running on NT 4 and recently had to scan in
indexes from an offsite clone tape to recover some data. The indexes appear OK
from the Networker server GUI. A mminfo shows the indexes as being scanned.
However when we try a restore from the client we get a "Unable to find alias
root in index" and when we try a nsrinfo on the particular save set I get a
WISS error - cannot find the key. If I do a nsrinfo with no saveset parameters
it returns with the root info only - wich looks OK. I've done an index cross
check with no improvement.

I've left this bit til last to not put people of - the client is Banyan Vines
8.6.

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

cheers.

Simon Draper