Networker

Re: [Networker] SAP backint backups on Windows 2000 failing to write logfile to ...%USERPROFILE%...

2003-03-07 12:59:29
Subject: Re: [Networker] SAP backint backups on Windows 2000 failing to write logfile to ...%USERPROFILE%...
From: "Renty, Bart" <Bart.Renty AT HP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 18:59:16 +0100
>> You can try to define the USERPROFILE variable with the help of the
>> "nsrsapsv.cfg" file.
>> If within this file you specify USERPROFILE=AnyUserPATHYouKnowExists
>> like USERPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\S01ADM.
>> This assumes you are running your backups with the Networker scheduled
>> facility that utilizes the *.cfg configuration file.

We're not using nsrsapsv.exe, so I'm afraid the .cfg file is not involved.

>> If you are running your backup from an "at" command or a "cron" like
>> environment you could place your brbackup/brarchive command in a batch
>> file that will preset all needed environment variables.

I think that this is where the problem is : brbackup fails to define some of
the needed variables.   The Networker backint.exe tries to write its logfile
to the TMP directory, which by default on Win2000 points to %USERPROFILE%\Local
Settings\Tmp
Because the backup is not running is a user context, %USERPROFILE% is not
defined.
The solution would thus be to define USERPROFILE, or to redefine TMP/TEMP

As said, I don't know SAP, but I think the solution might be with the SAP
command DBM_CONFIGSET
to (re)define TMP, TEMP and/or USERPROFILE like :

        DBMCLI DBM_CONFIGSET -raw TMP C:\Documents and Settings\S01ADM\TMP

Is this possible ?

Bart