Networker

[Networker] Exchange 5.5 recovery

2003-02-27 05:30:35
Subject: [Networker] Exchange 5.5 recovery
From: Robert Loh <robert AT SOFTSOURCE.COM DOT SG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 18:22:28 +0800
Networker 5.5.1 with Exchange BSM 1.1 run on NT 4 for MS EXchange 5.5 SP4
Exchange IS was backup sometime back in August 2002 and was expired because
we only set browsable and retention to only 1 month. Now users want to
recover back their mailboxs, luckily I still got the tapes. What I did was
below without luck :(

Setup a standalone server with identical config of production exchange
server.
#mminfo -av -r "volume,ssid,mediafile,mediarec,name" mspexca2.060
Give me a list of all the saveset in the volume, by knowing the mediafile
and mediarec so as to speed up recovery then
#scanner -i -S ssid -f9 -r0 \\.\Tape0

In Networker GUI I can see the volume with the saveset was rebuilded as well
as the indexes, level=full
But when I used the "User for Exchange Server" to do recovery, it complaints
that "No full backup to recover, Need full backup for recovery" ????

Any ideas, help will be much appreciated as I already spent 1 week on this.

Thanks
Robert